DAOs are community-led organizations that unite individuals with shared goals, whether it’s optimizing investment strategies or creating products with a meaningful impact. What sets DAOs apart is their unique approach to decision-making – with members at the helm and governance facilitated through blockchain technology.
Prepare for your journey into the world of DAOs with these essential steps:
- Establish your goals
- Find a DAO that fits your goals
- Join the community
- Get a membership
- How to connect your wallet
- Get involved
1. Establish your goals
DAOs thrive on their purpose-driven nature. Consider your personal passions and areas of expertise as you select the organization that aligns best with your goals.
2. Find a DAO that fits your goals
DAOs are extremely diverse. Most have a comprehensive charter or mission statement that outlines their objectives, guidelines, and governance structures. This will provide valuable insights into the organization’s vision and how you can contribute.
At Minnapad, we believe in community powered creation. Our goal is to give the power back to the creators and fans, by building a trusted platform where ownership of IP is 100% owned by the creators and fans!Find out more about our DAOs here.
3. Join the community
You’ll get a better sense of a DAO’s culture by participating in the community.
The most common entry point is via the DAO’s Discord, where you can introduce yourself, get involved in conversations, and learn how to contribute. Take your time to learn how you can help.
4. Obtain membership:
If you’re just getting your journey started in both crypto and DAOs, the first thing you’ll want to do is get set up with you’ll need:
- A wallet. MetaMask is the most popular option.
- Crypto, ideally ETH. You can get some by purchasing on a centralized exchange like Binance, Coinbase, or Bybit, or you can get someone to send some to you.
- Discord and Telegram
- A Twitter account is a huge plus, but not a necessity
- Once you have these set up, it’s time to officially start your DAO journey.
5. How to connect your wallet
To connect a wallet or utilize one of the connecting solutions supported, follow a few simple steps. As an example, we are using MetaMask, one of the most popular wallets.
- go to Minnapad dashboard;
- click on the “connect wallet” button in the upper right corner;
- choose your waller (e.g. MetaMask) in the popup window;
- hit the ‘connect’ button.
Once the wallet has been connected, your Ethereum address will be displayed on the top of the page. By clicking on it, you can always check your transaction history, copy the address or disconnect the wallet.
Check out this cool video created by WalletConnect: Manage your all-in-one wallet connection flows with Web3Modal
6. Get involved
DAOs are particularly popular for developers, but they can benefit from a range of other skillsets, from project management to design.
Your own contribution will depend on your abilities, as well as the community’s needs and governance.